If you wish to, you can now use the internet to book appointments with a GP, request repeat prescriptions for any medications you take regularly and look at your medical record online. You can also still use the telephone or call in to the surgery for any of these services as well.
Being able to see your record online might help you to manage your medical conditions. It also means that you can access it from anywhere in the world should you require medical treatment on holiday.
The services is open 24/7/365 and can be accessed from your home PC, Tablet or Mobile phone.
Available Patient Services
The following Services are available to all registered patients.
- Book / Cancel Appointments
- Order Repeat Prescriptions
- View Medical Records
- Update Address Details
What can’t be booked into online appointments?
There are a number of things that online appointments are not suitable for. We would ask that you do not use these slots for the following items:
- Medicals including HGV, PSV, Foster/Adoption, Military, Employment, Life Insurance & Medical reports etc. Please contact our reception team to arrange an appointment for these.
- Cervical screening and coils (either change, removal or check) Please contact the surgery to arrange a nurse appointment for cervical screening or a doctors appointment for coils.
- Travel Vaccines. Click Here for more information.
- Bloods – Please use our walk in blood clinic. (Our walk in blood clinic is temporarily suspended. We apologise for any inconvenience).
- Minor surgery
- Podiatry/Dental/Optical. Please contact the relevant professional.
Complete the online form – Patient only
To reduce footfall to the Practice the recommended method of registering for online service is by submitting your information online.
Please note: if you wish to register for online services, to access your repeat prescriptions, appointments etc., you are also required provide evidence of your ID, which you can upload on our online form. Once this has been verified, we will issue the necessary documentation for online services, within seven working days or more. Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine. Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality. If you are unable to use the online form please contact the Practice for advice.
Please note that each family member requires an individual log in and password therefore a separate registration. This service is only available for patients aged 16 or over.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
Received a registration letter by email or post?
Patient Access video tutorials
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
The Patient Responsibility
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.